I’ve had a soft spot in my heart for ELAC ever since we started carrying their speakers. The VELA FS 409 is a great example of why. This elite floor-stander leaves virtually nothing to be desired — it sounds incredible, looks terrific, and is equally skilled at bringing your music to life as it is keeping you on the edge of your seat during a movie. The VELA FS 409 uses ELAC’s renowned JET 5 folded ribbon tweeter, which is hand-assembled in Germany to ensure the best possible quality. This unique design works like the bellows in an accordion, squeezing air quickly and precisely to produce sound. Highs are incredibly smooth and detailed, while offering a realistic three-dimensional feeling of sound in space.
The FS 409 delivers ultra-smooth sound throughout its wide frequency range, thanks in part to a dedicated 6″ midrange and dual 7″ woofers.. Each of these aluminum and paper “sandwich” drivers features a die-cast basket and a unique, crystal-shaped cone design for rich, dynamic sound that can fill even large rooms. Use a pair of FS 409s with confidence as part of an audiophile-grade stereo system, or as the front channels of an ELAC VELA Series surround sound system. Whether you’re enjoying your favorite album or the latest superhero movie, you’ll appreciate the crystal-clear, vividly realistic sound these speakers produce. The FS 409 uses a sturdy, reinforced enclosure to reduce vibration and eliminate unwanted resonance. Its beautiful, grille-less design features a wood veneer exterior and a high-gloss lacquer finish.
- 3-1/2 way, 4-driver design
- handmade JET 5 folded ribbon tweeter for lightning-fast response and wide dynamic range
- dual 7″ aluminum/paper sandwich cone bass drivers
- 6″ aluminum/paper sandwich cone midrange
- frequency response: 28-50,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- high-performance amplification recommended to get the best sound
- recommended amplifier power: up to 200 watts RMS
- wood veneer exterior with high-gloss lacquer finish
- bass-reflex cabinet with down-firing port at the speaker’s sturdy aluminum bass plate
- angled cabinet for improved high-frequency performance and musical imaging
- dual sets of binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- made in Germany
- no grille is included
- 10-15/16″W x 52-3/8″H x 13-9/16″D
- weight: 70.8 lbs.